Compliance Controls AFR-64L Lean-Burn Air-Fuel Control System
Businesses that run lean-burn, spark-ignited natural gas industrial engines face the same challenges as other gas-fueled engine operators – and then some.
- Emissions Control Compliance. While lean-burn engine NOx output is lower than in a rich burn engine, it’s difficult and expensive to reduce lean-burn NOx levels with emission after-treatment systems. And in high-variance, high-transient applications like power generation and gas compression, that job is all the harder for any emission control system.
- Troubleshooting & Maintenance. Engine misfires, ashed catalysts, overheating: these and other glitches not only impair engine performance and fuel efficiency. They can also cost you plenty in maintenance and replacement. Take one example. The unburned fuel coughed into your exhaust stream by a misfiring cylinder can cause a hot catalyst to burst into flame.
- Operational Issues. In any competitive arena, your business suffers when you’re not getting the benefits of today’s most advanced technologies, and tomorrow’s. But keeping up with technology can be costly – in dollars, time, headaches and hassles. And who can afford to keep rocket scientists on board to run engines day-to-day?
Plus: lean-burn engine operators need to handle all those challenges while maximizing engine fuel economy.
Compliance Controls delivers the best solution your money can buy: the AFR-64L Lean-Burn Air-Fuel Control System™.
The Best. Bar None.
The AFR-64L Lean-Burn Air-Fuel Control System was engineered specifically for lean-burn, spark-ignited natural gas engines. It minimizes engine emissions, maximizes fuel efficiency, and cuts engine maintenance costs – by maintaining the proper air-fuel ratio over varying engine loads, speeds, fuel quality, ambient temperatures and barometric pressures.
And the AFR-64L works without operator intervention.
Easy to install, even easier to use, and equipped with a comprehensive 44-fault on-board diagnostics and troubleshooting system, the Windows-based AFR-64L redefines the state-of-the-art – in hardware, microprocessor power, control system software, operator interface options, fast response to varying engine conditions, software upgradeability, you name it.
Dollars & Sense.
Reduced emissions. Improved engine performance – with greater fuel efficiency and reduced fuel costs. Longer, more trouble-free equipment service-life. Fail-safe troubleshooting. Fast, easy installation. Easy, user-friendly operation, with minimal training. Network compatibility, with high-speed data transfer. Powerful smart-system features and benefits you won’t find anywhere else. All with the flexibility to tailor solutions to your specific current and future wants and needs.
Top management, financial officers, engineers, IT and operations managers can all agree: the Compliance Controls AFR-64L Lean-Burn Air-Fuel Control System is simply the best value on the market, bar none.
- Fast, easy, low-cost installation
- Fits virtually any carbureted lean-burn, spark-ignited natural-gas industrial engine
- Windows® -based platform – compatible with most computers. Software can be installed on laptop, PC, or network.
- On-screen dashboard graphics:LED Driver (COMM Modules) for Power, Alarm & Shutdown, Controller Communication and more
- Adaptive valve-learn software continually updates look-up tables for rapid transient response and continuous control
- Comprehensive 44-fault diagnostics. Including continuous oxygen sensor health monitoring, ashed catalyst, misfiring, overheating, valve-sticking detection, and more
- Data plotting for easy, accurate troubleshooting
- Alarm and shutdown dry contacts
- Pre-catalyst closed loop, exhaust oxygen feedback control
- Variable set-point for pre-catalyst exhaust oxygen control. For automatic, real-time response to varying engine loads and transients. Perfect for generator-sets and other high-variance applications
- Optional catalyst temperature monitoring to protect the catalyst from engine over-fueling malfunctions
- One-dimensional valve positioning, based on engine speed and load. Maintains compliance even with critical oxygen sensor malfunction
- Drives multiple fuel-metering valves for “V” engine configurations
- Full Authority Valve controls all engine fuel via system-controlled butterfly valve
- RS-485/ModBus® communications support for high-speed data transmission
- UL/cUL listed control valves;UL/cUL Listing E205501 for Class I, Division 2, Groups C, and D hazardous locations
- NEMA 12 enclosure
- CSA certified
- 9–32 volt dc input power
- Minimum engine emissions
- Reduced fuel consumption; better fuel economy
- Reduced lube oil nitration
- Improved engine performance
- Longer, more trouble-free equipment life
- Fail-safe troubleshooting & diagnostics, with automatic shutdowns–Eliminates operator guesswork and look-see troubleshooting–Prevents costly equipment damage and failures–Better-managed, lower maintenance costs
- Fully automatic; no operator required in normal operation
- Minimal operator training
- Flexible network compatibility – with high-speed data transfer
- Responsive, full-service support: 24-7-365
- Software, upgrades and documentation available on disk or online
To find out more, or request a proposal, click here: