AFR-64R Rich-Burn Air-Fuel Control System
If your business banks on revenues from rich-burn, spark-ignited natural gas-fueled engines equipped with catalytic converters, you face tough challenges every day:
- Emissions Control Compliance. Variance by as little as one percent from the stoichiometric air-fuel ratio – the ratio at which all fuel is oxidized in engine combustion – will keep your catalytic converter from doing its job.
- Troubleshooting & Maintenance. Engine misfires, ashed catalysts, overheating: these and other glitches not only impair engine performance and shorten your equipment’s life span. They can also cost you plenty. Take one example. The unburned fuel coughed into your exhaust stream by a misfiring cylinder can cause a hot catalyst to burst into flame.
- Operational Issues. In any competitive arena, your business suffers when you’re not getting the benefits of today’s most advanced technologies, and tomorrow’s. But keeping up with technology can be costly – in dollars, time, headaches and hassles. And who can afford to keep rocket scientists on board to run engines day-to-day?
Compliance Controls has the ideal solution: The AFR-64R Rich-Burn Air-Fuel Control System.™
The Best. Bar None.
The AFR-64R controls rich-burn, natural gas-fueled engines – maximizing the efficiency of a three-way catalyst by maintaining the proper air-fuel ratio over varying engine loads, speeds, fuel quality, ambient temperatures and barometric pressures.
And the AFR-64R works without operator intervention.
Easy to install, even easier to use, and equipped with a comprehensive 44-fault on-board diagnostics and troubleshooting system, the Windows-based AFR-64R redefines the state-of-the-art – in hardware, microprocessor power, control system software, operator interface options, adaptability to variable engine conditions, software upgradeability, you name it.
Typical Configuration (Dual-Valve, Full Authority)
Dollars & Sense. Continuous emissions control. Improved engine performance. Longer, more trouble-free equipment service-life. Fail-safe troubleshooting. Fast, easy installation. Easy, user-friendly operation, with minimal training. Network compatibility (RS485), with high-speed data transfer. Powerful smart-system features and benefits you won’t find anywhere else. All with the flexibility to tailor solutions to your specific current and future wants and needs.
Business owners, financial officers, engineers, IT and operations managers can all agree: the Compliance Controls AFR-64R Rich-Burn Air-Fuel Control System is simply the best value on the market, bar none.
- Fast, easy, low-cost installation
- Fits virtually any gas-fueled, carbureted, rich-burn industrial engine – with any catalytic converter
- Windows® -based platform compatible with all computers. Software can be installed on laptop, PC, Palm®-type handheld, or network
- Adaptive valve learn-software. Continually updates look-up tables for rapid transient response and continued control in Open Loop mode
- At-a-glance on-screen dashboard graphics:LED Driver (COMM Modules) for Power, Alarm & Shutdown, Controller Communication and more
- Comprehensive 44-fault diagnostics. Including continuous oxygen sensor health monitoring
- Data plotting for easy, accurate troubleshooting
- Alarm and shut-down dry contacts
- Pre-catalyst closed loop, exhaust oxygen feedback control
- Post-catalyst exhaust oxygen feedback; cascade control for fast, real-time adaptation to changing catalyst performance
- Variable set-point for pre-catalyst and post-catalyst exhaust oxygen control – for real-time response to varying engine loads
- Catalyst temperature monitoring to protect the catalyst from engine fueling malfunctions
- One-dimensional open-loop valve positioning, based on engine speed and load Maintains compliance even with critical oxygen sensor malfunction
- Drives multiple fuel-metering valves for “V” engine configurations
- Valve Control Options: Full Authority Valve controls all engine fuel via system-controlled butterfly valve. Trim Fuel Valve adds supplemental fuel to the air intake system via system-controlled proportional fuel valve.
- RS-485/ModBus® communications support for high-speed data transmission
- UL/cUL listed control valves;UL/cUL Listing E205501 for Class I, Division 2, Groups C, and D hazardous locations
- NEMA 12 enclosure
- CSA certified
- 9–32 volt dc input power
- Continuous, precise emissions control compliance
- Improved engine & emissions control performance
- Longer, more trouble-free equipment life
- Fail-safe troubleshooting & diagnostics, with automatic shutdowns–Eliminates operator guesswork and look-see troubleshooting–Prevents costly equipment damage and failures–Better-managed maintenance costs; lower replacement costs
- Fully automatic; no operator required in normal operation
- Minimal operator training
- Flexible network compatibility – with high-speed data transfer capability
- Responsive, full-service support: 24-7-365
- Software, upgrades and documentation available on disk or online
To find out more, or request a proposal: